CNA Salary by State
The salary of a certified nursing assistant is the best feature of its job profile. Almost all the medical organizations offer hourly salary and it ranges from USD 12 to USD 17, which means on an average a nursing aide can earn around USD 28,000 per year. Before having a look at the CNA salary by state, let us know the factors that affect the pay scale of a certified nursing assistant.
Factors Affecting CNA Salary
- Experience of the Candidate: Experience is the major factor for the increase of the certified nursing aide salary. As you gain experience, the salary will automatically rise.
- Skill Set and Core Competence: Nursing skills is also an important factor for the hike in the salary for certified nursing assistants. It is also important that the nursing assistant possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to handle the patients in an effective manner.
- Education and Training: Education also plays an important role during the salary appraisal, as candidates with masters degree in nursing are paid more as compared to those with bachelor's degree and so on. Also, if the candidate possess training from a recognized and accredited institute, then they are preferred first during the interview.
- Job Location: The location of the job is an important factor affecting the salary of a CNA. Certified nursing aides working in urban areas are paid more as compared to those in rural areas.
- Profitability of the Organization: If the medical organization is gaining profit, then the nursing assistants can expect a good salary hike every year. Along with the hike in salary, they can also expect bonus and incentives.
- Flexibility in Job Timing: As the nursing assistants are paid on hourly basis, they can earn more. These nursing assistants are required to work in shifts; day shift and night shift. Nursing aides working in night shifts are paid more, as compared to those working in day shifts.
- Additional Certification or Degree: If the candidate possess additional certification or degree, then it is an added advantage for them. They can negotiate their salary based on these degrees during the job change.
- Type of the Employer: The working condition and the type of the industry in which you are working also affects the pay scale. For example, in Florida, a Psychiatric Aide is paid USD 36,000 whereas a Personal Caregivers is paid USD 32,000 and so on.
Statewise CNA Salary
|District of Columbia||North-Dakota|
- The first stage of nursing is Diploma Degree in Nursing that comprise 6 month of training
- The second stage is Associate Degree in Nursing that includes a course of 2 years
- The third stage is the Bachelor's Degree in Nursing that comprise of 4 years of studies
- The forth stage is Master's Degree in Nursing that is of 2 years
- The fifth and final stage is Doctorate Degree in Nursing that includes 2-5 years of study
The job opportunity in the field of nursing and health care differs from one organization to the other. But this field is ever-growing and it can never be influenced by recession. The above mentioned details about CNA salary by state will help the aspiring candidate to opt for the place of work according to their preference.