Pediatric Care CNA Salary
A nursing aide working in the pediatric care or children ward is refereed to as pediatric care CNA. Their duties includes taking care of small children, kids and even infants who are suffering from illnesses and undergoing the treatment. They help the children in their day-to-day routine activities like grooming, dressing, administering medicines and so on. They also have to perform clerical duties as well. If you want to apply for the job, then it is essential that you have to undergo a specialization training program in pediatric care and possess a certification and license for the same. The average salary of these nursing assisting is approximately USD 30,000 per year.
Factors Determining the Pediatric CNA Salary
- The location of the job is one of the important aspect of its salary. Nurses working in rural areas are paid less as compared to those working in the cities
- Experience of an individual is a major factor that affect the salary range, as with the increase in the years of experience, the salary also increases
- Obtaining education and training from a renowned and accredited institute will offer you good salary package
- The type of working environment and industry also lead to a good salary because it depends upon their requirements
- The duties and responsibilities depends upon the condition of the patients, as critically ill patients requires high attention or priority as compared to the others
- Skills of an individual will also lead to a good salary, as highly skills professional nurses are paid more as compared to other nurses
Salary by Academic Qualification
Academic qualification also plays an important role in getting a good salary package to these nurses.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) can expect a salary ranging from USD 32,000 to USD 88,000 per annum
- A Bachelor's Degree can expect a salary ranging from USD 28,000 to USD 95,000 per annum
Salary Difference as Per the Certification
Degree and certification also plays an important role in the income of these pediatric nurses. As you move up the career ladder, the salary automatically increases. Below is the salary range of some of the following nurses with different certification levels.
- A RN (registered nurse) obtains a salary package ranging from USD 22,000 to USD 76,000 yearly
- Nurses with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification earns a salary ranging from USD 33,000 to USD 76,000 per year
- Nurse with advanced cardiac life support earns a salary ranging from USD 36,000 to USD 60,000 yearly
- A critical care pediatric nurse obtains a salary ranging from USD 15,000 to USD 110,000 per year
Wages by Industry
The pay scale of a pediatric nursing specialists may differ from one industry to the other. There are various types of medical settings such as hospitals , nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, retirement facilities and long term care facilities. These pay scale depend upon the condition of the patient as well.
- In nursing homes, the pay scale ranges from USD 26,000 to USD 83,000 per annum
- In pediatric care center, the pay scales ranges from USD 11,000 to USD 97,000 per annum
- In hospitals, the pay scales ranges from USD 27,000 to USD 62,000 per annum
Wages by Specialty
There are various branches of nursing where a pediatric care nurse can work and earn a good salary package. Mentioned below are the salary ranges, as per the department in a medical organization.
- The nurses working in emergency room earns around USD 24,000 to USD 60,000 per annum
- Those working in neonatal intensive care unit earns a salary ranging from USD 32,000 to USD 71,000 per year
- Nurses working in pediatric care center earns around USD 24,000 to USD 76,000 per annum
- The nurses working in labor and delivery unit earns a salary ranging from USD 24,000 to USD 99,000 per year
- Nurses working in ICU (intensive care unit) earns a salary ranging from USD 36,000 to USD 62,000 per annum
Salary as Per the Years of Experience
Experience is a major factor that influence the wages of pedantic nurses. Let us have a look at some of the difference in the salary as per the number of years of experience.
- Nurses with 1-4 years of experience can expect a salary ranging from USD 20,000 to USD 45,000 per year
- Nurses with 5-9 years of experience can expect a salary ranging from USD 45,000 to USD 80,000 per year
- Nurses with 10-19 years of experience can expect a salary ranging from USD 80,000 to USD 120,000 per year
State-wise Salary of Pediatric Care CNA
The average salary of these nursing assistants differ from one state to the other. Below is the list of state-wise salary of nurses working in pediatric department.
These are some of the details of a salary of a pediatric care CNA that will help you in taking decision before applying for this job profile.